What Types of Information Do We Collect from You?Personal Information is information that identifies an individual. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to receive white papers, participate in certain forums on the Site or sign-up for the BRID Service), we may require that you furnish Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you, such as your name, postal address, telephone number and email address, only when you voluntarily provide it to us. We may also combine Personal Information you provide to us with publicly available information, such as your organization's name, in the event you provide us with an email address from your organization.Non-Personal Information is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal an individual's specific identity.
Environmental Variables.We may collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type, screen resolution, OS version and browser type and version. These environmental variables are collected by most websites and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
Web Beacons.Web beacons, also known as clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs, are small image files that we, or service providers acting on our behalf, may place in our Web pages, in our advertisements and in our emails. Working in conjunction with cookies, web beacons allow us to accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific Site page or section, clicked on one of our advertisements, or opened or acted upon an email. They also tell us the number of times advertisements or pages are displayed. This allows us to measure the performance of our Site, our advertising and our email campaigns.
IP Addresses.Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and in many cases, IP addresses are shared by multiple people. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) you visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
How Does BRID Use Information Collected From Me?Personal Information. We may use Personal Information:
- to fulfill your requests, such as to create a BRID Service account, send a requested white paper, send online video updates or complete your purchases;
- to operate the BRID Service, to send you important information regarding the Site and issues specifically affecting the BRID Service and your use of the BRID Service, including changes to Site terms, conditions and policies. Because this information may be important, you may not opt out of receiving it;
- to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions from us and/or our marketing partners that we believe may be of interest to you;
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Delivery of Online Advertising.We may use third party ad serving technology to help us deliver ads on the Site or to educate users on ad serving technology. This technology may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to the Site in order to identify and display advertisements that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving these advertisements, a unique cookie may be placed and/or recognized on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your options about not having this information used to serve ads to you, please click here.
IP Addresses.We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
How Does BRID Disclose Personal Information?We may disclose Personal Information:
- to our affiliates and any future corporate subsidiaries or affiliates, so that they may use such Personal Information for the purposes described in this policy. BRID VIDEO, DOO. is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information;
- to our third party service providers who need the information to provide us with components of the BRID Service and/or such services as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service and email delivery services;
- to third parties where you have requested to use a third party service (including applications) in connection with the BRID Service and have requested that we provide information to them;
- to third parties who sponsor events with BRID (such as Personal Information of attendees of sponsored webinars) to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you;
- to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- as we believe appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Use of the BRID ServiceThe BRID Service, which is accessible through the Site, enables customers of BRID to upload, manage and publish videos to a customer's own website or to third party websites. Please note that any information you disclose through videos uploaded via the BRID Service may become public information and may be available to visitors to the website where they are posted and to the general public. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other sensitive information, via the BRID Service. We are not responsible for the use of any Personal Information you disclose through your use of the BRID Service.
Changing or Suppressing Personal Information. If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by email at contact (at) brid.tv. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. You also may review, correct and update certain information that you provided by logging into your BRID Service account and editing your profile information. In each event, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or suppressed. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in compliance with applicable law. We may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. Finally, we are not responsible for removing or suppressing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information, or limiting their use of your Personal Information. If you wish to change or suppress information provided to an affiliate or third party, please contact them directly.
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children: The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that children not provide Personal Information through the Site. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
Policy or General Counsel:
12655 W. Jefferson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066, USA
t: (310) 492-0360